Webinar for the newly developed multi-hazard DECAT platform that uses geo-spatial early warning decision support systems (GE-DSS) to assess, prepare and respond to multiple hazards, disasters and environmental incidents.
Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 11AM – 1PM EET (UTC+2)
The WEBINAR will be hosted by the Technical University of Crete (Nikos Kalligeris). The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session. A detailed agenda and the access code to join the meeting will be sent out to the registrants in due time.
During the webinar you will have the opportunity to learn about:
- The DECAT platform functionalities and how agencies can benefit from the tool.
- The added value of a GE-DSS in decision-making and emergency management.
- Early warning and decision-making in emergencies and disasters at political and strategic level in EU Member-States.
Who should attend:
- Civil Defense Departments
- Fire Departments
- Police Departments
- Public Authorities
- Clusters and networks interested in disaster preparedness and response.
- Dr. Andreas Damalas, Project Manager and Research Professor at the Department of Environmental Science and Technology, Cyprus University of Technology
- Dr. Christian Iasio, Senior Project Manager at Geosolutions S.A.S.
- Marinos Papadopoulos, Civil Defense Officer at the Cyprus Civil Defense.
REGISTER HERE (meeting number 624 889 331). Prior registration is required.
The contact person for the Webinar is Nikos Kalligeris, Researcher at the Technical University of Crete (email: [email protected]).
For any questions you may also contact Anna Foka: [email protected], 22 660482
DECATASTROPHIZE (DECAT) is an EU-funded project that seeks to develop an effective early-warning and coordination system. Providing early warning combined with emergency response strategies can save thousands of lives and protect people, property and the environment in the event of natural and man-made disasters. Civil Protection can benefit from improved analysis tools to handle the vast amount of information available at all levels of the organization.